Committed to the community, dedicated to progress.
Blake Margolis for Rowlett (undisclosed)
I am running for Rowlett (undisclosed) and I would appreciate your support! It has been my honor to serve you on the Rowlett City Council over the last four years and look forward to serving you another three years as (undisclosed). With my time on the City Council, I have brought a different perspective to the table and have been able to accomplish many goals that better the community and city operations, including the following:
- Increased departmental budget transparency to assist in the annual budgeting process.
- Assisted in the creation of the “Rowlett Ready” organization and worked with public and private community partners to implement the ROBUST (Rowlett Business Stimulus) grant to assist the Rowlett business community during the economic downturn from the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Successfully advocated for an increase of public safety personnel over the last several years due to the inadequate number of police officers and firefighters in a growing city of our size.
- Successfully advocated and approved property tax rate decreases of up to 3.2 cents (around $1 million) over a three year period, including a 1.2 cent decrease for Fiscal Year 2021.
- Successfully advocated and approved a 5% decrease of the water rates for Fiscal Year 2021.
- Voted against the approval of additional non-age restricted multi-family housing due to the significant increase of multi-family within the previous five years.
- Recently led the charge of requiring “Special-Use Permits” for all multi-family construction with the city limits of Rowlett.
- Established the Rowlett Youth Advisory Council to increase involvement in local government by Rowlett’s youth.
- Assisted colleagues in advocating to authorize funds of $200,000 to go to the renovation of the Animal Shelter.
- Assisted colleagues in advocating for Dallas County to add the Miller Road bridge, Merritt Road Inter-connector, and Dalrock Road between Hwy 66 and I-30 to their Major Capital Improvement Program “Call for Projects” list.
I am asking you, the voters, for another three years as (undisclosed) because there is still more work to do. None of the listed accomplishments come easy or fast. It takes unwavering dedication and diligence to make change, especially when you are one of seven on a board.
So, what’s next? Some of the goals I will be working to accomplish over the next three years includes the following:
- Continue to advocate strongly for additional decreases of the Rowlett property tax rate while home appraisal values from the Dallas and Rockwall County Appraisal District continue to increase.
- Continue targeting the North Texas Municipal Water District (NTMWD) for their deeply flawed “take-or-pay” contract with customer cities including Rowlett.
- Continue advocating for further investment in public safety to ensure a safe community by adding at least one fire station with adequate staffing and hiring at least an additional 12 police officers over the next three years.
- Continue advocating for further investment in city infrastructure, more specifically, working with county and state organizations to allocate funding for Miller Road bridge reconstruction.
- Continue advocating for the placement of overlay zones in the North Shore and other economic opportunity areas to ensure that the last areas of develop-able land in the city is safe-guarded from unwanted development.
- Continue advocating for the increase of pedestrian-friendly trails and the implementation of safe bike-lanes.
- Advocate for investing in the replacement of the high-pressure sodium street lights with efficient and longer lasting LED lights, which will also increase visibility on our roads and save money over time.
- Advocate for making our roads safer by investing and installing “raised reflective markers” along all lanes of a road and all median points.
- Advocate for the investment of renewable energy by implementing solar power of certain existing and future City of Rowlett buildings.
PAID FOR BY RE-ELECT BLAKE MARGOLIS FOR ROWLETT CITY COUNCIL, PLACE 1 CAMPAIGN. APPROVED BY BLAKE MARGOLIS