I have been a proud resident of the Rowlett community for my entire life and have been an active member of the community since I was six years old. Being elected to the City Council in August of 2017 at eighteen years old has been an honor of a lifetime with public service being my passion.
In 2014, I created a social media platform called “Rowlett Scanner”, with the main purpose of the page being to inform the residents of emergency and city events. The social media pages combined garnered over 40,000 followers who would regularly monitor the page anytime there were major emergency events going on in Rowlett. It was a bittersweet moment when I closed the page down in October of 2017 to become more engaged in the community and local government.
My prior direct experience with local government before being elected to the City Council was serving as a member of the Rowlett Parks & Recreation Advisory Board for two+ years (2015-2017). The Chair of the Parks & Recreation Advisory Board called me up one day and asked if I could apply to serve on the board since I had some experience working with the board in prior years. After being interviewed by the City Council, I was selected to join the Parks & Recreation Advisory Board where I would become heavily involved in the “Rebuild Kids Kingdom” effort and the 2015 Bond Election Parks planning effort.
Serving on the City Council is not an easy task, but it is very rewarding when you feel like you have done good work on behalf of the community. The feeling of working towards a goal and being able to garner enough support to accomplish policy and project initiatives is worth the sacrifice of serving as a public servant. Being able to engage with residents on a daily basis to help answer questions, concerns, and to solve problems is also a very rewarding part of being a representative of the people. I look forward to serving you as the next Mayor of Rowlett and being able to continue the service that the Rowlett community needs and deserves.
As a member of the City Council, I have been appointed to the following committees and boards:
- Chair of the Ethics Sub-Committee
- Member of the Finance & Audit Committee
- Member of the Code & Environmental Review Committee
- Member of the Court Governance Committee
- Member of the Garland ISD Cities Coalition
- Member of the North Texas Commission Cities Coalition
- Member of the Rowlett Business Stimulus (ROBUST) Committee
- Council Liaison to the Parks & Recreation Advisory Board
- Council Liaison to the Youth Advisory Council
- Council Liaison to the Texas Municipal League
- Past Council Liaison and Member of the 2018 Strategic Planning Committee
- Co-Founding Member of the Rowlett Community Organizations Active in Disaster (RCOAD) organization